The City of Sidney is home to several attractions unique to Sidney. Additional information on these and many other attractions in and around Sidney are available at the Sidney/Cheyenne County Tourism website.
Fort Sidney Complex
- The Fort Sidney Complex consists of:
- The Powder House
- Married Officer's Quarters which houses the Cheyenne County Museum
- Post Commander's Home - restored and refurbished with authentic 1800's decor and articles.
Living Memorial Gardens
- Located in Legion Park and dedicated to loved ones and the role that Sidney has played in American history.
- The citizens re-purposed the vintage 1940s city swimming pool to create this living memorial.
- The centerpiece of the Gardens is the Angel of Hope, Nebraska's first Christmas Box Angel based on Richard Paul Evans' bestselling book The Christmas Box.
- The War Memorial in the Gardens pays tribute to local veterans with one of the tallest flag poles in the State.
Deadwood Walking/Biking Trail
- 2.85 mile Improved walking/biking trail.
- Traverses the City east to west including Legion Park and beautiful bluffs surrounding Hillside Golf Course.
- Sidney is home to Cabela's World's Foremost Outfitter's original retail store, flagship retail store, Cabela's Travel Center and world corporate headquarters.
- The Sidney retail store boasts 85,000 square feet filled with merchandise and museum quality animal displays and trophy animals in realistic settings.
Sidney Boot Hill Cemetery
- The original Sidney "Boot Hill" Cemetery was created in 1868 to bury soldiers of Fort Sidney and later used to bury victims of Sidney's Wild West days.
- 56 murders or attempted murders occurred in Sidney between 1876 and 1881.
- The cemetery, like others of it's time, earned the nickname of "Boot Hill" because those buried there were buried with their boots on.
- The Boot Hill Restoration Committee is made up of volunteer citizens dedicated to the restoration and preservation of Sidney's original cemetery.
Sidney Shooting Park
- The Sidney Shooting Park facilities include Trap and Sporting Clays as well as an Archery Range.
- The Shooting Park is one of the finest shotgun and archery venues in the High Plains.