Cheyenne County Fair & Rodeo
- The Cheyenne County Fair and Rodeo is held each July at the Cheyenne County Fairgrounds on the west edge of Sidney.
- Events include Livestock Shows, Music Shows, Truck and Tractor Pulls, Demolition Derby, Rodeo and Bull Riding.
- Ticket Booklets for all events are reasonably priced and a family atmosphere is maintained.
Cabela's Kids Fishing Day
- A community event that is over 25 years old.
- The pond in Legion Park is stocked with hundreds of fish.
- The event averages over 400 little anglers.
- Prizes are donated by local businesses.
Sidney Gold Rush Days
- Celebrating the Old West, Sidney Gold Rush Days is held the second weekend in June and features:
- Music performances
- Cook-outs and Storytelling
- American Indian and Settler displays
- Arts and Crafts
- The three day festival (Friday - Sunday) held the first full weekend in October includes:
- The ceremonial Tapping of the Keg at noon on Friday.
- Live Entertainment - Bands, Dance and Comedy
- Ethnic food including Brats, Kraut and Cold Beer
- Craft show and vendors
- In conjunction with Oktoberfest, come see:
- The Running of the Wieners dog race at the American Legion Baseball fields in Legion Park and;
- The Rod and Roll car show also held at Baseball fields in Legion Park.
- Several other events call Sidney home. For a full list of events, please visit the Sidney/Cheyenne County Tourism website.