- Animal Control is the responsibility of the Sidney Police Department's Code Enforcement Officer (CEO).
- The CEO is responsible for investigating animal complaints, reports of animal abuse/neglect and dealing with animals at large.
- To report a problem with an animal, call the CCECC at (308) 254-5515.
- Animals that are running at large are in violation of City Ordinance and will be impounded.
- The owners are subject to a fine and responsible for impound fees as well.
- Animals that are impounded and not claimed may be adopted out.
- If interested in adopting an impounded animal, please contact the Sidney Police Department.
- All dogs that are housed inside the City Limits must have a Dog License issued by the Police Department.
- Each residence is allowed up to 3 dogs.
- In order to obtain a dog license(s), each dog must have proof of rabies vaccination.
- Dog permits expire December 31st of each year.
||If Purchased Prior to March 1st||If Purchased After March 1st|
|Spayed Female||No Charge||$ 6|
|Neutered Male||No Charge||$ 6|